The Office of Residential Life reserves the right to place people in vacant spaces as needed. This could happen at any time, depending on the need and you will receive as much advance notice as possible.
Students currently housed in spaces with empty beds (whether in a double-, triple-, or quad-occupancy space or in a suite) are given the opportunity to select another student to fill the vacant space(s). In order to be approved for self-consolidation all parties involved must submit this form by no later than Friday, October 6, 2023 at 3:00pm. If both parties do not submit his form, consolidation is not guaranteed.
Once this form is received from all involved the Office of Residential Life will email all involved residents and respective building staffs with instructions for the moving process. No moves are permitted to take place before this confirmation email. Requests received by Friday, October 6, 2023 at 3:00pm will be given first priority. If Residential Life does not hear from all parties involved, consolidation is not guaranteed.
Some things to keep in mind:
- First-year students may only consolidate with other first-year students, and must remain in either Harmon, Hoben, or Trowbridge.
- Sophomores, juniors, or seniors may only consolidate with other sophomores, juniors, or seniors and must remain in Crissey, DeWaters, Harmon, Severn, or within the Grove houses.
- Room rates are as posted, including the additional charge for singles.
- Some empty spaces may be on hold for specific reasons. If you happen to request a space that is on hold, you will be notified of this.
- Self-consolidation requests after Friday, October 6th may not be guaranteed.
- Students may not “buy out” the open bed(s) in their space. Students with vacant beds in their space may either self-consolidate or allow the Office of Residential Life to make a decision regarding the bed as needed (which may be to fill it, or to leave it empty depending on the need). Please do not inquire about buying out the empty bed(s) in your spaces.
- If you are not assigned a roommate for the following term and you find someone you’d like to self-consolidate with, the self-consolidation request process will be afforded to you at the start of the next term.
Contact Residential Life