On-Campus Housing for Upperclass Students – 2022-23

Housing Availability


Select seven-person houses consisting of single, double, and triple rooms are available as part of general housing. Standard room rates apply. Individuals living in the houses are not required to be on a meal plan and may remain on campus over break periods without needing to meet any sort of criteria. While the houses are furnished, they are not supplied with cookware or utensils.

Residence Halls

Select space is available in upperclass residence halls (Crissey, DeWaters, Harmon, and Severn). Options vary and are subject to change. Stand-alone singles are very limited.

Housing Request Process

Those juniors and seniors requesting on-campus housing for 2022-2023 should submit the form below. In doing so, you concede to being matched with others using the information provided and adhering to the move-in/move-out dates. If demand outpaces supply, then we will create a wait list and communicate if and when additional vacancies occur. The last day to submit requests for housing for Fall Quarter 2022 is Friday, August 12, 2022.

Contact Residential Life

Please e-mail us at reslife@kzoo.edu with questions or for more information regarding availability. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Housing Request Form

  • Note: To be eligible for College housing, students must be enrolled full-time (i.e. at least two units) in classes on campus for the term of residence.
  • Housing Preferences

    You should be as thorough and detailed as possible in stating your preferences when necessary.
  • There is no way to guarantee that your desired hall/house or room type will be available.
  • If none, type NA. Requests must be mutual in order to honored. You must specify who would go in each specific room type (single, double, triple) if seeking a multiple occupancy space (suite, house) as a group.
  • Residential Life will work with students who have special needs when completing housing assignments. The College will provide accessible housing to students with disabilities. Students seeking formal accommodations must visit https://disabilities.kzoo.edu and submit the Request for Accommodations Form.
  • Lifestyle Habits

    This information will be used by Residential Life in the event of needing to match students together. Responses are required regardless of your current or intended situation.
  • Policy: Smoking, including but not limited to tobacco, e-cigs, and vaping, is prohibited inside all campus buildings and within 25 feet of the perimeter of campus buildings or occupied walkways.
  • You may include any additional information that you would like Residential Life to know here.
  • Meal Plan Selection

    All students living in the residence halls are required to have a meal plan. Those in the houses may choose a commuter plan or none at all.
  • Terms of the Housing Contract

    The terms of the housing contract are listed below. Checking the box serves as an electronic acknowledgment of your understanding. Please read carefully.
  • 1. The College reserves the right to assign space, change assignments, or remove students from the residential system when deemed necessary. 2. The student agrees to observe and abide by all federal, state, and local laws, as well as Kalamazoo College policies. 3. All students living on campus must carry a residential meal plan. 4. Residential, key card, and dining privileges may not be used by anyone but the assigned student. 5. The student is fully responsible for the assigned living area and any excessive damage or cleaning charges necessary upon move-out. 6. The College assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to the personal property or residents. This includes, but is not limited to, theft and facilities emergencies. Students are encouraged to make sure their possessions are covered under their family homeowners insurance policy or to obtain renters insurance. 7. The amount a student is billed covers a quarterly assignment from the opening through closing of the residence halls. If a student leaves the College during the period of assignment, charges will be determined by Student Accounts in accordance with the College's refund schedule and calculator. All personal belongings must be removed from the room and keys returned to Residential Life upon move-out or additional charges will be incurred.